Members of the chenopod family, beets are unique vegetables with high nutritional value. For many years, beets have been used as a medicinal plant for treating various diseases, including blood disorders. They are rich in iron, iodine, antioxidants and many other nutrients that can stimulate your metabolism and improve your overall health.
Health Benefits of Beets:
- Beets contain vitamins B complex vitamins which can strengthen capillary walls
- They are packed with many minerals — folate and potassium which can improve the health of your heart; magnesium which strengthens your bones; coppers which destroys free radicals; iron and phosphorus which produce energy; magnesium and iodine which are involved in the biosynthesis of thyroid hormones
- Beets stimulate metabolism
- Due to betalin pigments, they can eliminate toxins from the body
- Beets are rich in dietary fiber that improves digestion
- They help digest vitamin D in our body
- Beets are packed with betacyanins which can inhibit the growth of cancer cells
- Beets have a high content of cobalt which can promote the formation of vitamin B12 essential for the formation of red blood cells.
They can prevent dementia due to their high concentration of nitrates which are transformed into nitrates. According to many studies, nitrates can open up the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing blood flow and helping oxygen to get to the areas that lack oxygen.
Compared to carrots and apples, beets have a higher content of pectin known for its ability to eliminate radioactive and heavy metals from the body. Moreover, pectin can inhibit the spread of harmful intestinal bacteria and prevent the development of various diseases.
Beets can also lower cholesterol, blood pressure, strengthen capillary vessels, improve brain function, and accelerate metabolism. It is high time to include them in your daily diet! Your body will thank you!
Source: Healthy Food House